“I write because I must. It’s not a choice or a pastime, it’s an unyielding calling and my passion.”
About me? Well, I was born and raised and continue to live in sunny southern California with my husband of over 24 years, two wonderful young adults children, two Great Danes, Dexter and Zorro and one big FAT cat named Tyson.
My love for writing began when I was just a kid though, I never really had any dreams or aspirations of doing it for a living. Then along came the age of eReaders and with it indie publishing and I saw an opportunity to get my writing out for the world to read without jumping through hoops and getting past the red tape of trying to get traditionally published. The Moreno Brothers series has literally changed my life. I now wake up to go to work a few yards from my bed. 5th Street is my second series. There is also the Moreno Brothers spin-off series Fate with with seven completed full length novels. I have two stand alones Desert Heat and Defining Love including one I wrote under my pen name Remi’s Choice. I now have a new series coming Boyle Heights, but the future looks bright and I have many more to come! So stay tuned!
I love hearing from my readers and always try to respond as soon as I can, but if there is a certain question being asked over and over instead of answering it 20 times I will post on my FAQ page so check there often! I’ve been super busy so please bear with me if I’m not quick on responding to your messages/comments!
Representation: It is with great pleasure that I announce that Jane Dystel of Dystel & Goderich now handles all questions regarding subsidiary rights for any of my work. Please direct inquiries regarding foreign translation and film rights availability to her at http://www.dystel.com/
You can also friend me on GoodReads!
I love hearing from my readers. You can contact me at EliReyesBooks(at)yahoo(dot)com
Thanks for reading!
For funsies – 12 things about me:
1. I’m considerably tall for a woman about 5’9 and I love wearing HIGH heels. Though I don’t so much lately. But I used to do the Valerie thing when I was younger BIG shoes! Good thing my husband is 6’3. =)
2. I chew my nails. *sigh* a habit I’ve sadly never been able to break out of.
3. I love to sing. Yep karaoke is a good friend of mine.
4 . Like in so many of my stories I married my first love. And we’re still together after more than 20 years. Unlike most of my stories we’ve NEVER broken up. Not even for a day. And yes ladies he is an alpha through and through. =)
5. My first job was a cashier at Kmart. My first real job (and by real I mean I was counting on it to pay the bills) 411 operator for the phone company. “What city please?” lol
6. I own and love Great Danes. And yes Diesel was the name of my first one. He’s passed now =( but now we have Dexter.
7. In case none of you have guessed it by now. I have quite the potty mouth. Writing Manny and Max’s and Romero’s dialogue was much easier for me than you guys would imagine. In fact toning down the language in my books is actually harder for me. =/
8. I LOVE the holidays! And I mean LOOOOVE the baking, cooking, decorating, shopping, wrapping, playing the songs, choosing the perfect tree you name it. I’m always a little down in January every year when it’s all over. =(
9. You may have noticed my characters are always grubbing. That’s because I love to cook. Most of the dishes mentioned in my books are some of my specialties. =)
10. I’m a tree/plant nerd. BIG time.
11. I love deviled ham and crackers. Unsalted tops please.
12. I’ve changed/upgraded PC’s plenty of times over the years. But my keyboard is probably at least 10 years old. I refuse to change it. I just can’t! =/