There are a lot of questions that I seem to get asked quite often so I’ve compiled a list of them here. If there is any question I didn’t answer or anything you have further questions about feel free to comment on my blog or email me at EliReyesbooks@Yahoo.com But check here first. *I will update as I get more repeat questions and add them here.
*These are the latest FAQ answered as of April 2018
Will you be at Book Bonanza? Yes!! I will be there and I can hardly wait!
Will you be taking pre-orders for Book Bonanza? I sure am and I highly recommend you do pre-order. I will of course be bringing my books for purchase but the only way to guarantee I’ll have enough of the ones you want, is if you pre-order. You can start ordering now by filling out this handy dandy form!
DO YOU HAVE A RELEASE DAY FOR NINE!? <- This is the one I get most lately. Unfortunately I don’t yet. But I anticipate it being out before summer. So stay tuned. I’ll announce as soon as I know more!
The sidebar on your blog says you have a surprise stand alone coming. Does that mean it’s not related to anything you already have out?
No it’s not. It’s a completely new story that just came to me like the many that come to me and I start to write. Only this one REALLY excited me. I had a few betas read what i have so far and they’re begging for more! I’ve even had a cover made of it already and its ON! Stay tuned!
Will it be part of a new series? No. Complete stand alone.
Romance? Yes. There’s no cheating but it’s pretty taboo. Yikes! Nothing freaky. Just a very forbidden kind of love story. 😉
Are you EVER going to get a merchandise store so we can buy t-shirts and other goodies related to your books? Believe it or not, yes! I’m working on it as we speak. But designs and such need to be made so it may be a little bit longer. I’ll announce as soon as it’s available. For all you “Royal Sisters” My goal is to have it up before Summer Sisters starts! =D
I heard you had a baby last year. Is this true? Well, technically I didn’t hav one but we did get a new addition to the family last summer and yes he is our BIG baby. As some of you may know our family LOVES Great Danes. They’re such gentle giants! Meet Zorro! This is what he looked like When we picked him up.
This is what he looks like now 7 months later.
Unlike Dexter, our almost ten year old Great Dane, Zorro wasn’t the runt of the litter. So while Dexter is not a small dog by any stretch of the imagination, he is smaller than most Danes. Zorro, on the other hand, is going to be as BIG as they get. This is what my baby looks like already next to my old timer.
From what I’m told, these dogs don’t stop growing until they’re 18 months old! Just to be clear. We brought him home when he was 8 weeks old. So he’s ONLY 9 months old in this picture! Another thing so unlike Dex, is he’s a howler. And his howl is as big as he is, folks . O.O My poor neighbors. =/
Okay back to book related questions!
In 2017 I introduced three new series. Technically one was introduced in 2016 under a pen name but in 2017 I re-released Remi’s Choice under my name with added bonus content!
So many who’ve blinked and missed the intro to the three new series are trying to catch up. Not sure where to start, who’s who, and if any of these new series are related to my older ones? Here’s a quick and dirty explanation.
This is new contemporary romance series that was introduced in January of this year. As the banner explains above this is a 5th street series spinoff with lots of crossover characters. Here are the top most asked questions regarding Boyle Heights.
- Is it necessary to have read 5th Street in order to keep up with the stories in Boyle Heights?
Absolutely not. Like the majority of my stories ALL the stories in Boyle Heights are and will continue to be stand alones.
2. Do I need to read Lila before reading Beast or Nine?
Again nope. You might get some minor spoilers in Beast about Lila, but there is no NEED to read Lila first in order to keep up with Beast’s story.
3. What do you mean by crossover series?
Well it means you’ll be getting reacquainted with characters from some of my previous series. Like in my Fate series, where Brandon, Vince, Sydney, Enzo along with a few NEW Romero family members got their own stories. some of my side characters in my other stories/series (NOT JUST 5TH STREET) will now get their love story told in this series. Lila. Beast and Nine have featured characters from my OTHER series. I won’t say who they are. You’ll have to read to find out but I will say one is from Moreno Brothers, the other from my Fate series and now Nine’s love interest will be from 5th Street. 😉
4. How many more stories can we expect from this series?
That’s hard to say. I always start off with an idea in my head. But as each new story comes along and new characters are introduced that starts to change. I’d originally planned for 4 but I MAY BE looking at 6 now. Nine is up next and I can hardly wait for you to fall in love with him.=)
Looking Glass is my Romantic suspense series. Also introduced in 2017. As the name of the series suggests, not all is what it seems in these stories. While the stories will still be romantic, there will be a heavier emphasis on the mystery. No paranormal or fantasy here. These are straight contemporary romance novels . But there will be lots of twists that’ll keep you guessing and turning pages like crazy. 😉 Here are the most asked questions for this series.
- I heard Girl In The Mirror is not a romance. It’s a mystery thriller. Is this true?
Yes and no. The story is told in first person WITHOUT my usual dual POV for good reason. There is a BIG mystery regarding our heroines past. If I’d given you HIS POV it would’ve spoiled the mystery. It’s basically about a bond so profound between two people that even the absence of any memory of it, the heart just won’t allow her to forget . . . There is romance and an HEA and while many LOVED the story as is, they did say they would’ve loved to see more of their romance. And this is why I wrote We Were One, which is the alternate POV of GITM you didn’t get to see. But it’s a COMPLETELY different story with MUCH more romance and wowzer sexy times. 😉
2. Will all the stories in this series be told in a single POV?
So far the first two will be, and I’m thinking the third will be as well. Because of the nature of the mysteries revolving around the romance to have both POV’s would just be giving too much away. But I promise to make them as entertaining as the rest of my stories! 😉
The De Luca Boys is erotic romance series. Some questions I got for this series have already been answered when I explained why I was re-releasing. You can get those answers HERE.
But I have gotten one more that’s been asked more than once. So I will answer here.
Well if you read the Q&A in the link regarding this series, you know this story was a little out of my comfort zone or rather my usual when it came to the sexy times. I’m one of those that enjoys a good erotic romance when there is enough story to keep me interested. Pages and pages of sex don’t cut it for me unless the story has some real substance. Unfortunately those are hard to find. So I’m challenging myself now to write some good STEAMY reads with a REAL story behind them and I hope I do this justice. Stay tuned for Forbidden Summer coming next in this series!
Most of you were introduced to me when you came across Forever Mine then followed the rest of the way through as the series was completed. Many have asked if I’ll ever write any more stories in this series. I learned long ago to NEVER say never. I do have something brewing in a form of a prequel to this series. Tentatively titled Moreno’s, the EPIC journey and love story of the Moreno parents.
I’ve also been asked about the second generation in both this series and my others. O. M. G. The thought is daunting. It’s why I’ve started being VERY vague in my stories regarding names and ages of the babies because I know one day when the time comes, notice I said when not IF, me and my editors heads will be spinning trying to keep it all straight. But my hope is that yes this will come to be eventually. In the mean time, I hope to share some fun excerpts of what is stirring in my head. Like this one for example in case you haven’t already read this bonus 2nd generation excerpt with some of my most beloved characters from my Moreno Brothers series. And stay tuned because I have another bonus excerpt I’ve been itching to write!
- Is there more Desert Heat coming? The answer to this used to be a resounding no. I don’t own the rights to Desert Heat so it would make it difficult to promote the series without having the right to lower the price in the first etc. But now that I have a crossover series going, I just MIGHT be able to get creative and get some Santiago’s in there. So stay tuned! If you haven’t already read the first in the series, go download Desert Heat and get to know the Santiago Brothers!
- Will your books ever be made into movies? As of yet Hollywood has not come calling, but I can dream right? The process for turning a book into a movie is quite complicated from what I’m told and one that I’m not familiar with at all. But y’all know me if anything like that would happen you guys would be the first to know I promise. I’ll post here in big shouty capitals the moment anything like that happens. =D
- Which of your alphas/books is your favorite? Asking me this is like asking a mother to choose her favorite child. I poured my heart, sweat and tears into each and every story. So my generic answer to this is “Whoever I happen to be writing at the moment.” So right now, Nine, Alejandro, Dante and Bash. Who? Stay tuned! 😉
- I’m a blogger and I’d like to participate in your cover reveals, blog tours, announcements and sign up for ARC’s. How do I go about doing that? Easy! Sign up to join my blogger list right here! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- What date is the next book coming out? I’ll never be able to give an exact date because not only does something always happen that seems to throw a wrench in my plans but beyond letting everyone know once a book is uploaded Amazon and B&N have control over when a book actually goes live. But I always have a rough estimate of around what month I foresee it being ready and I will at least give you guys that. =)
- Why aren’t your books available on paperback? Will they ever be? ALL my books are available on paperback via Amazon and CreateSpace. Many are also now available on audiobooks as well. =)
- Are your books available in any other ebook stores other than Amazon & Nook? Yes they are available through Smashwords, iTunes, Kobo, Radish.Fiction and GooglePlay
- Do you respond to your comments and messages on your blog as well as your fan page? I try to. I really do. For those of you who have posted in the past you know that I really do but there are many times when my characters have me tied down in the cave for DAYS at a time. So please be patient with me!
- Do you have any specific editors, formatters, and or cover artist you would recommend? My editor Theresa Wegand does all my editing and formatting. I can’t say enough about her. I’ve had several editors I’ve worked with and she is hands down the best! You just need to book in advance because she is high demand!! So worth the wait and every penny! Cover artist I’ve worked with more than one. Sarah Hansen of Okay Creations and Amanda Simpson of Pixel Mischief Design . Highly recommend either of them. They are both absolute professionals and excellent to work with! =)
- What advice would you give aspiring writers?/I’ve written a book and want to self publish can you give me advice on where to start? I’ve read this often and I have to say it is probably the most important thing to expand your creativity and level of what to but also what not to do in order to write a good story. So write a lot but read even more. As far as where to start. First of all be sure that you’ve had some input on your writing before you just put it out there. You may be in for a very rude awakening. I say this kindly because when I first wrote Forever Mine YEARS ago. I thought we were good to go. I decided to try a few free critique sites. I won’t tell you how bad my writing used to be because quite honestly it’s embarrassing. I’ll just say this. I came across one of the very first drafts of it that I hadn’t seen in so long and I couldn’t stop blushing it was that bad. But I’m glad now that I had the feedback from other writers, some of which are professors and had some very valuable advice and input. There are many sites my favorite is Critique Circle. You can trade critiques with other writers. Very VERY helpful I highly recommend it.
As for self publishing there are many many resources on line. Amanda Hocking has some great advice over on her blog on everything she knows about publishing. She mentions reading Konrath’s blog post A newbies guide to publishing. I agree it’s a must read for beginners.Jamie McGuire has a post on this as well. Very informative and like her I CANNOT stress enough. Never ever EVER pay to be represented or published. They all get paid when you get paid. Nothing upfront from you to them anyway. EVER. And here is another great MUST READ post for aspiring writers, by Author Steph Campbell on “things she knows” about writing!On a personal level, my advice to anyone who TRULY believes in their dream of becoming a writer and doing it for a living. Never EVER give up. Self-doubt is the number one killer of creativity/dreams. It’ll never go away. No matter how big and popular your books get. The only thing you can do is crush it down to a barely audible whisper with perseverance. Believe in your dream and follow it! DO IT!